Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shipping Containers Find New Life as Studios


More and more I find myself renewing my interest in Urban Planning and Architecture and the way we can build better cities and communities as we enter the next decade. When it comes to shelter, I've always loved a small, cozy footprint. I figure, less to clean, less space to feel the need to 'fill' and I just love the feeling of being enveloped by a house. My love of small wooden plantation cottages will never cease, and thankfully, Hawaii's backroads still contain these lovely gems from a bygone era. I'm equally apprecaiting the latest in small houses: refurbished shipping containers! I spied this project on Container City this afternoon, 3 artist's studios made of 6 shipping containers in Scotland. Imagine that, residences made of recycled shipping containers with a green-roof! Double points!




Find out more about the Cove Park project here...

No comments:

Post a Comment