Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Favorite House in My Favorite Place


I've decided I'm going to end the year with, quite possibly, my most favorite house on the planet in, most definitely, my most favorite place on the planet. Since my first visit to New Zealand in 2002, I've become entirely entranced with their simple 'Pacific Modern' style of architecture. The Crosson Family Bach on the North Island's Coromandel Peninsula expresses everything I love about New Zealand architecture: Simple lines, simple materials and context, context, context. With sides that fold down while the owners are in residence and fold-up at the end of an extended weekend stay, the simple lines of the Crosson Bach and the nonexistent "landscaping" make this home seem totally at one with its surroundings. I dream of soaking in these views of the Coromandel from the bathtub... literally. You'll see what I'm talking about below...







And that's it for 2009...

No comments:

Post a Comment