Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fab Designer: Flora Grubb


Flora Grubb's nursery and shop just outside San Francisco is a gardener's heaven. This chick is cool. A landscape designer by trade, Flora's shop features chic garden accessories, furniture and, what else, flora. I've loved her color combinations and affinity for architectural/sculptural plants for a while now and just had to post these pics I spied on her blog. This image I adore- love the color combinations, mix of textures, and, of course, I love succulents!



Tilandsia 'Wall' at the Bardessono Hotel in Napa Valley- love the simplicity, bringing the outside in, the whole sublime yet freakish look of the thing.



When it comes to residential design, I love color. There's nothing like a potted masterpiece flanking a doorway and I love the height and architectural look she's going for. You probably wouldn't think of bright orange pots to complement a purple exterior, but the quirkiness totally works. Check out Flora's website for more inspring photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment